- This event has passed.
Ceramic Glazing 1: Basic- Application and management
8 juni @ 19:00 - 21:30
One event on 23 september, 2019 at 19:00
This session runs, on demand, every two weeks and is very good value. Please sign in on Facebook or by telephone, text, whats app, or email. (0626253515)
After doing this basic course you will be able to use chemical glass colored glazes and will have access to the Glazing Room 12.
The basic 1 session practices:
- How to weigh and calculate the cost of glazes (dry and wet.)
- How to manage and prepare for glazing and how to plan your ceramic work.
- How to dip using premixed glazes in large buckets.
- How to prepare the ceramics for resting in the kiln.
- Simple brush applying techniques.
- Do’s and Don’t’s about applying glass thicknesses.
- Health and Safety, and how to watch out for hazards.
To attend this session you will need a minimum of three bisk fired ceramic items;
- A flat or one-sided surfaced object – such as a tile or simple sculpture.
- A closed vessel (two or three sided) – such as a cup, vase, bottle, or pot with both inside and outside
- An open vessel – such as a bowl or plate, again 2 sided.
If you don’t have time to produce these objects yourself, they will be provided by the studio.
Costs include all materials and the firing of three objects.
Pay with Cash or Card paid on entrance to room 11.
(This is not an EdanZ Event)