- This event has passed.
Contact Impro in-depth classes
21 oktober, 2020 @ 19:30 - 21:30
An event every week that begins at 19:30 on woensdag, repeating until 5 november, 2020
After a very great start of this season, Otto will teach a new weekly in-depth Contact Improvisation course.
Using his background in contact improvisation, contemporary dance/floorwork, acrobatics and more. Check contactimpro if you want to know what Contact Impro is.
The class is open for all levels, from beginners to advanced dancers. The classes will be given as short courses of 4 weeks. This will give us the opportunity to dive deeper into the material with the same group of people for (at least) 4 weeks. We can repeat excercises and incorporate it into free dance so it gets into our body. Lifts, weight sharing, being aware of your moving body and that of your partner, rolling point of contact, rolling on the floor and up in the air! Every 4 weeks another theme will explored.
Because we have two hours per week, there will be a lot of time to integrate everything into your own dance, letting everything go and enjoy the rich world of contact improvisation.
Wednesdays October 7, 21, 28 & November 4th from .-. (no class during autumn break)
(Upcoming course starts in November – stay tuned or send me an email to be on the mailing list)
Minimum of 8 people before the course can start (max. 16 people), so ask friends/family/total strangers to join you!
Price: 40 euro for 4 classes of 2 hours.
Sign up (obligated) by sending an e-mail to @.
– please read!
* Dancing in (very) close proximity is allowed at this moment; before and after class 1.5m distancing is required
* Though there still is a risk. If you join, you accept the possible risk.
* If you have (or someone close to you has) possible signs of covid-19, please stay home, just to be safe
* At EdanZ, you will be asked to register every class. In case of someone having corona this will speed up research and minimizing the risk of spreading corona
* If you miss a class/classes because of having (suspected) corona, you can catch up at a later time or get a refund for missed classes
* If the regulations change and dancing contact impro isn’t allowed anymore, you will get a refund for the missed classes
* Please read the regulations of EdanZ where the dancing takes place: https://www.edanz.nl/corona-protocol/
* If you still have questions, don’t hesitate to email me
If you cannot join the whole course or want to try it out, email me for options.
If you want to join but finance is an issue, also send me an email, we can work it out.